Mirror Football

Sky Sports | Football

Arsenal News

Football Results

Barclays Premier League News

Arsenal News-Wire

Arseblog - "It"s fuckin" excellent"...an Arsenal blog.

Thierry Henry - Arsenal's Legend

Arsenal FC Blog

Arsenal Times News

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Latest Arsenal Transfer News - Kolo Toure Fee Agreed. Whats Wenger Thinking??

The morning reports are rather unsettling as they state that Arsenal and Machester City have agreed a 15 Million pound sale for Kolo Toure. What the fuck is wrong with Arsenal/Arsene? I mean really now!

The "In Wenger We Trust" brigade must seething in anger at this bit of news. The Arsenal board have apparently been feuding on the sale of Emmanuel Adebayor and although in truth many fans were too see him leave including yours trully, the sale of Toure is unmitigated. If last week Manchester City weren't a threat to Arsenal, this week they are.

The problem is not that Arsene Wenger/Arsenal are selling players. It is instead the opposite of that. They are not buying anything. As I watch the careless deconstruction of my favorite club by my favotite manager in my favotite league, I have to wonder if Arsenal have given up hope on challenging for anything. Arsenal only brought Thomas Vermeulen and even that was not a sigining to bring relief to fans.

Sir Alex Ferguson, in his infamous "small club" interview stated that Arsenal of the "big four" face a bigger challenge this season. While Robin Van Persie was agititated with the team's lack of signing. How True. How sad.

Arsenal and particularly Arsene Wenger have been too quite in the transfer dealings. No word on bidding or negotiations, no hint of movement inside to the club. Arsenal lost Melo, then decided not bid and buy Cana who went to Sunderland instead. All the while the only talk we hear is one of players moving OUT of the club. Apparently some Italians teams are sniffing around Ashburton Grove looking to entice Eboue and Gallas away.

I hope I am wrong and Wenger surprises us, but I am not holding my breath.

Though this might not happen since Toure is leaving. But can we certain of that. I believe i speak for most fans when I say, "Wenger say something, Anthing Damnit".

Bleacher Report!

No comments: